An Advisory Committee has been carefully selected to provide internationally recognized expertise in coastal management, knowledge mobilization, adaptation science and practice, as well as provide networking with other major regional projects and decision makers that is so necessary for mainstreaming. The Advisory Committee members include:
- Garfield Barnwell (CARICOM Secretariat) – Director of Sustainable Development. Provides regional oversight for several key regional initiatives including, the Caribbean Energy Development Project and CARICOM Fisheries Resource Assessment and Management Program.
- Dr. Daniel Lane (University of Ottawa) – Co-Director of International CURA project “Managing Adaptation to Environmental Change in Coastal Communities: Canada and the Caribbean”.
- Linda Morstch (Environment Canada) –IPCC AR4 Coordinating Lead Author – North American Chapter; co-chair of Canadian Council of Ministers of the Environment Indicators Task Group; Lead of Canada-U.S. climate change assessment in the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Basin.
- Dr. David Pearson (Laurentian University) – Co-chair Ontario Expert Panel on Climate Change Adaptation, Co-Director of the Canadian Adaptation Community of Practice; Royal Society of Canada medal for science communication, Co-Director Science Communication Program.
The main functions of the Advisory Committee are:
- Advise on research design-implementation and knowledge mobilization
- Monitoring and evaluation